The William Smith Family
William Smith was born Abt. 1788 in Wyoming County, PA and died February 5, 1853 in Allegany County, NY.
His wife was Nancy Miller. She was born Abt. 1796 in Luzerne County, PA and died April 1870 in Allegany County,
William and Nancy had at least six children:
- Annie E. (1813-1892). Annie married James Cornelius Moore.
- Jonathan (1815-1896). Jonathan married Sylvia Ann Curtis (~1823-1893).
- Elizabeth (1820-1857). Elizabeth married Salsbury Cole (1810-1880), son of Elisha Cole and Amy Salsbury.
- George (1825-1864). George married Mary Towner (1824-1907), daughter of Enoch Towner and Elizabeth Moore.
- Adeline (1834-1916). Adeline married Morris H. Coats (1826-1911), son of Ambrose Coats and Mary Kenyon.
Annie E. Smith was born April 5, 1813 in Tunkhannuck, Luzerne County, PA and died April 11, 1892 in Bolivar,
Allegany County, PA. She married James Cornelius Moore.
Annie and James had nine children:
- William Smith (1832-1864). William married Eveline Snider.
- Nancy Matilda (1834-1898). Nancy married James Marvin Fisher (1832-1900).
- Eunice (1836-????)
- Elizabeth (1863-1906). Elizabeth married William L. Jordan (1828-1909).
- Emily Arminta (1839-1916). Emily married Christopher O. Allen (1834-1911).
- Margaret Ann (1842-1925). Mararet married William Heinrich Smith (1830-1914).
- Louisa Jane (1845-1908). Louisa married William Harvey Mead (1835-1906).
- Mary Alzina (1847-1880). Mary married Levi Mead (1834-????).
- Montraville James (1849-1915). Montraville married (1) Mary Jane Miller (1852-1900) and (2) Amy
Delight Millard (1854-1912).
Jonathan Smith was born May 10, 1815 in Luzerne County, PA and died June 19, 1896 in Allegany County, NY.
Jonathan married Sylvia Ann Curtis.
Jonathan and Sylvia had four children:
- Wallace T. (1841-1881). Wallace married Augusta Jordan.
- Edwin R. (~1843-1862). "I" Co. NY 85th Infantry (died in Civil War).
- Curtis S. (1845-1896). Curtis married Nellie Amsden.
- Rubie A. (1848-1914). Rubie married Stephen J. Smith.
Elizabeth Smith was born April 20, 1820 in Pennsylvania and died November 11, 1857 in Bradford County, PA. She
married Salsbury Cole March 3, 1841 in Pennsylvania.
- Elisha (1842-1921). Elisha married Sarah Booth.
- Nancy (~1844-????). Nancy married Manning Mathews.
- Wealthy (~1847-????)
- William H. (~1851-1923). William married Belle Lyon.
- Martin (~1853-????)
- Edward (~1854-????)
George Smith was born March 29, 1825 in Windham Township, Luzerne County, PA and died October 7, 1864 in Morganza, Pointe Coupee Parish, LA. George married Mary Towner July 24, 1850 in Bradford County, PA.
George Smith enlisted on Feb. 11, 1864 at Bolivar, NY as a Private. He mustered into "C" Company NY 161st Infantry. George Smith was wounded in action April 8, 1864 at the Battle of Sabine Crossroads in Louisiana. He died of disease on Oct. 7, 1864 in Morganza, LA.
- Mae Luella (1852-1912). Mae married Eugene Daniel Stillman (1861-1920).
- Helen Jane (1856-????). Helen married (1) Rev. Lyman Elton Craw (1844-1895), (2) Mr. Henry and (3)
George Jesse Palmiter (1828-1925).
- Jonathan T. "John" (1858-1917). Jonathan married Myra Belle Davies (1860-1940).
- Harrison B. (1861-????). Harrison married Laura Brown (1862-????).
If you are related to this family and would like to share information with me, please fill out the questionnaire.
E-Mail Ginette at: email@example.com