The Thomas Wiggins Family
Thomas Wiggins was born January 8, 1768 in Hampshire County, VA (now West Virginia). He was the son of Archibald Wiggins and Mary Flint. He married Mary "Polly" Dawson about 1790 in Mason County, KY. The parents of Mary Dawson were David Dawson and Elizabeth. Thomas and Mary are buried in the Haynes Cemetery, Hocking County, OH. This is a picture of Thomas Wiggins' headstone.
Thomas and Mary had at least nine children:
- Lemuel Green (1792-1847). Lemuel married (1) Mary "Polly" Brown (1792-1843) (2) Mrs. Mary Holliday.
- Moses (1794-1878). Moses married Julia Ann Byrde.
- Elizabeth Kate married Nathan Reid
- Matilda married Ambrose Reid
- Thomas married Catherine Delong
- George married (1) Sarah Shook (2) Semah Stuckey (3) Elizabeth Comer
- John Thompson (1798-1875). John married Nancy Shoots (1801-1899).
- Lemuel married (1) Anna Sanford (2) Mary Stanley
- Lucretia married George W. Johnston
- Emily married Francis C. Bartlett
- Mary (1830-1838)
- Martha married William H. McFadden
- Flavius Josephus married Mary Ann Wood Hunter
- John Allen
- Miranda married Enoch Burroughs
- Clarissa Jane married Morris Kidnocker
- Peter G.
- Sarah married John Haynes
- Mary "Polly" (~1802-????). Mary married James Towers.
- Elizabeth (~1804-183?). Elizabeth married John Murlatt.
- Rachel (1806-1885). Rachel married John Slagle Sr.
- Ruth (1808-????). Ruth married Isaac Monnett.
- Hannah "Anna" (1810-1892). Hannah married Christopher Haynes.
- Zedekiah David (1816-1875). Zedekiah married (1) Lucinda Haynes (2) Lucinda Sherrick (3) Catherine Abby.
- George Washington married Caroline Ebert.
- Julia Ann (1838-1902) married Jesse Hosler.
- Henry Jordan (1840-1919). Henry married Rosalie Eggleston.
- Jacob H. (1842-1842).
- Margaret E. (1840-1900) married M. Frederick Haynes, Jr.
- Ferdelia J. (1846-1890) married Elijah Delong.
- Minerva (1848-1913) married F. W. Jacoby.
- Oved Nelson (1851-????).
- Dinah (1853-????).
- Jerome (1855-1859).
- Edward Smith (1857-1909) married Ada May Lane.
- Susannah (1861-1934) married Franklin Combs.
Lemuel Green Wiggins was born August 4, 1792 in Mason County, KY and died March 10, 1847 in Tippecanoe County, IN. He married Mary "Polly" Brown June 10, 1812 in Ross County, OH. She was born March 8, 1792 in New York and died January 16, 1843 in Tippecanoe County, IN. The parents of Mary Brown were Nathan Brown and Margaret Simpson. Lemuel and Mary are buried in the Sandridge Cemetery, Tippecanoe County, IN. This is a picture of Lemuel Wiggins' headstone. This is a picture of Mary Wiggins' headstone.
Lemuel and Mary had at least ten children:
- George Denna (1813-1890). George married Leah Gaul.
- Isaac B. (1816-1881). Isaac married Mary Marsteller.
- Margaret S. (1817-1845). Margaret married Randolph Marsteller.
- Thomas Asbury (1821-1900). Thomas married (1) Sarah Timmons (2) Hannah Ann Ridgley.
- Charles Wesley (1823-1888). Charles married (1) Martha A. Benson (2) Susan Sunderland (3) Jerena A. Schoonover.
- Mary Ann (1826-1864). Mary married Jesse Schoonover.
- Hester Ann (1829-1852).
- Lemuel Green Jr. (1830-1906). Lemuel married Amanda Adams.
- Nathan A. (1834-1847).
- Ruth Violette (1836-1868). Ruth married Klita Potter.
Charles Wesley Wiggins was born July 9, 1823 in Salt Creek Township, Hocking County, OH and died February 10, 1888 in Keokuk County, IA. He married Jerena A. Schoonover February 13, 1856 in Tippecanoe County, IN. Jerena was born April 15, 1837 in Randolph County, VA (now West Virginia) and died November 30, 1922 in Ponca City, OK. Her parents were William Schoonover and Charlotte Marsteller.
Charles and Jerena had 7 children:
- Charlotte "Lottie" (1857-1884). She married John W. Nelson.
- Thomas A. "Tom" (1859-1933). He married Mary L. Elliott.
- Alice (1863-1864)
- Franklin F. (1865-1888)
- William Louis (1867-1946). He married Mary Phylinda Bump (1870-1950).
- Clara (1870-????). She married (1) John Wesley Adams (2) Sammy D. Swisher (3) FNU Morgan
- Martha (1873-1876)
If you are related to this family and would like to share information with me, please fill out the questionnaire.
E-Mail Ginette at: firstname.lastname@example.org