TOP TEN REASONS TO SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR PET
- Help reduce pet over-population.
- Prevent thousands of unwanted kittens being born into very cruel lives (starvation, early death from disease or accidents).
- Spaying a female almost eliminates the possibility of developing uterine or ovarian cancer.
- Spaying a female greatly reduces the chances of breast cancer.
- Neutering a male reduces the incidence of prostate enlargement and prostate cancer later in life.
- Your pet will be more affectionate.
- Your pet will be less likely to roam, get in fights, or become lost. No midnight "yowling".
- City registration fee is less for an altered pet.
- No puppies or kittens to find homes for.
- Problem pregnancies can cost you money.
Each year, more than 12 MILLION unwanted homeless dogs and cats - most of them healthy and less than 18 months old - ARE KILLED by city governments. Why are there too many pets? The most obvious problem is failure to spay or neuter; the second is indiscriminate breeding. This can be solved by spay/neuter. It is estimated that one unspayed dog can lead to over 28,000 puppies in nine years! In the same time, an unspayed cat can lead to 14 million kittens (most of them strays, unwanted and uncared for, living for 2-3 years just trying to survive, and having litter after litter).
DO THE RESPONSIBLE THING! SPAY OR NEUTER YOUR PET! CONTACT:
Fund for Animals: 214-372-9999
SPCA of Texas: 214-651-9611 (Dallas), 972-562-7297 (McKinney)
Spay Neuter Your Pet (SYNP): 972-349-7697 (Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex area and
many outlying towns.)
Return to Top
Return to Love Your Pet Main Page
For more information about anything on this page, contact page owner by e-mail.