The Resume of Thomas R. Harrington
To obtain a challenging position as Project or Technical Account
Manager with a progressive organization in the Information Technology
or Telecommunications industries. Would also consider a position
as Director of Information Technology or Chief Information Officer
in a medium-size (less than $800M in annual sales) company in
Information Technology professional with 18 years experience.
Driven by challenge and thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Proven management and leadership skills.
1994-Present Ericsson Inc.
Manager, Voice Communications
- Manager of voice communications in the Western Hemisphere
for Ericsson Data Services Americas, a division of Ericsson Data
- Designed telecommunications infrastructure in conjunction
with the manager of data communications.
- Designed voice communications network that links Private Branch
Exchanges, both wired and wireless, digital switches and voice
mail systems into a heterogeneous network.
- Implemented plan for internal 8XX services that allows calls
to other major Ericsson sites worldwide to travel over company-owned
circuits without the need to utilize long distance carriers.
Business Systems Manager
- Technical Account Manager for AT&T Wireless Services (formally
McCaw Communications) and Pacific Bell Mobile Services.
- Project Manager for development of mission critical client/server
applications in an AS/400 / NT Server / SQL Server environment.
Manages up to 30 projects simultaneously.
- Manager of Business Systems Analysts performing Business Process
Re-engineering to ISO 9001 standards.
- Managed conversion from DOS-based to Windows-based LAN and
rapid growth from 650 to over 2,000 PC and SUN workstations.
1992-1994 Erin Systems Group Abilene, TX
- Technical Account and Project Manager in the sales of Prentice
Hall Legal Practice Management software for the West Texas Region.
- Technical Consultant to CPA firms and their clients in the
sales and support of Data Pro accounting software.
1984-1992 US Air Force, Dyess AFB
Chief of Information Systems
- Manager of all computer resources for a 5,000 personnel installation.
- Designed and began execution of a 5 year, multiple phase information
technology upgrade plan.
- Managed project to install a Campus Area Network, utilizing
fiber optic backbone, connecting mainframe, minicomputers and
LAN servers using X.25 and TCP/IP.
1976-1984 US Navy
- Managed 40 instructors and computer resources at the Naval
Air Technical Training Center. Taught advanced computer and radar
Automated Test Equipment Technician
- Supervised 27 technicians in the repair and precision calibration
of four ATE stations. Also performed Test Program Set Analysis
and Quality Assurance functions.
1988-1990 Pacific Western University Bel Air, CA
- M. S., Computers and Information Systems
- B. S., Industrial Technology
If you are interested in my background and would like to find
out more, please e-mail me at