Here are some links I've found helpful:
Macintosh Related Links
- Internet Starter Kit for Macintosh - You'll find the complete text of the book here. A great on-line reference for WWW topics written for Mac users.
- Hyper Archive - at MIT. Whatever software you need is probably here - you just need to already know what you're looking for.
- Macintosh Internet Software - a reasonably concise page of links to many needed internet apps. Includes browsers, helpers, mail readers, etc.
- The ULTIMATE Macintosh - massive page of Mac-related links (actually a sub-page from Michael Yee's Home Page) - If it's about Macintosh, it's probably here!
- ZDNet - Ziff-Davis Home Page. Access websites for MacWeek and MacUser magazines.
- Internet America - My Internet Service Provider (ISP). Limited Mac stuff here, but so far, has been a great service. Check out some of their stats.
- Netsoftware - excellent page of many, many links to Mac helper programs.
- Mac Helpers - Netscapes links to Mac helper apps.
- University of Michigan Software Archives - searchable index of Mac freeware and shareware archives at the University of Michigan.
- Games Domain Direct Download - Mac games with 451 links at the time of this writing.
- Zarf's List of Interactive Games on the Web - links to realtime games on the WWW.
- Jumbo - Billed as "The Biggest, Most Mind-Boggling, Most Eye-Popping, Most Death-Defying Conglomeration of Freeware and Shareware Programs on the Known-Web!" 49,446 games and counting!
- The Mac Game Gate - Good (but hard to read) page of game links.
- Mac Doom - Arguably the most popular game on Intel PCs, Doom has come to the Mac. Get info and download the Shareware version here.
Software for Kids
WWW Search Engines