Mission and Goals
The Dallas School Administrators Association will have
as its mission -
- *to ensure that every student who attends a DPS school
is afforded an equal opportunity to receive a quality educational experience;
- *to provide its membership involvement in the decision-making
process of the DPS;
- *to establish a continuous professional growth program
that will both increase awareness of current affairs and activities and
provide for the improvement of professional skills;
- *to provide for representation of the concerns of the
Association at the local, state, and national levels;
- *to represent all members of the Association for the
improvement of their professional status;
- *to provide leadership in establishing and maintaining
the highest professional ethics among its membership; and
- *to provide social activities that will enhance understanding
and cohesiveness among the membership.
The goals for which this Association is formed and for
which it shall be exclusively administered and operated are to receive,
administer, and spend funds for charitable and educational purposes, and
- (a) To engage exclusively as a non-profit organization
to advance educational and charitable endeavors.
- (b) To advance education at the elementary, secondary,
and college levels.
- (c) To better enable the members and the general public
to conduct the management of schools at all levels in the planning, organizing,
coordinating, and improvement thereof for the benefit of the public attendance
and the community.
- (d) To engage in a program of professional education
for persons carrying on activities in the field of school administration.
- (e) To protect the public by promoting the highest standards
of ethical conduct by persons carrying on activities in the field of school
- (f) To promulgate and establish the highest standards
of ethics and efficiency in school administration methods and practices.
- (g) To cooperate and work with other professional organizations
that are equally dedicated to the public education of our youth.