Should the Government retaliate against those who attacked America?
Romans 13:1-4 (God's mandate to the government)
1. Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities are appointed by God.
2. Therefore, whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgement on themselves.
3. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same.
4. For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, and avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.(NKJ)
1 Timothy 2:1-4 (God's mandate to the church)
1. Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayer, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,
2. For kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior.
4. Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (NKJ)
In other words...
The government has a mandate from God to rule and punish evil doers. This mandate for the government differs greatly from that which is placed on the church. God's mandate for the church is to rule in the realm of the spirit and pray for our government officials. Therefore, when asked if the Government should retaliate against those who attacked America, my reply is a very confident, "YES." --Pastor Ronnie Moore 09-23-01
If you would like to make a donation to a charitable organization go to www.helping.org
WORD OF LOVE CHRISTIAN CENTER
P.O. Box 54325
1860 Precinct Line Road
Hurst, TX 76054
(817) 485-LOVE (5683)