Due: November 04, 2003
Value: 100 points -- the same as a test
Assignment: Make a promotional brochure to "sell" your selected element. Use the internet as a tool to help you find the required information about your element.
- The brochure must have at least 4 pages. (Fold a piece of 8.5" x 11" paper in half.)
- Show the structure of an atom of your element.
- Include the following information about your element.
- When discovered
- Person or persons who discovered the element
- Atomic number
- Molar mass
- Group number
- Period number
- Stable isotopes (if any)
- Metal, nonmetal, or metalloid
- Normal state at room conditions (also called "standard state")
- Melting point
- Boiling point
- Atomic radius
- Ionic radius
- Importance of the element
- Include a list of references used for the information in the brochure, including internet sites.
- Webelements - http://www.webelements.com/webelements/scholar/index.html Click on the symbol of the element about which you want information.
- Interactive ChemCom Media for Teacher and Students - http://www.whfreeman.com/chemcom/ Click on the link to Unit 2. Then click on Tools at the bottom of the page and choose "Periodic Table".
- Do a search of internet sites to find out even more information about your element.
Ó Sally A. Urquhart, 2003