7. When he noticed how the guests chose the places of honor, he told them a parable.
8. "When you are invited by someone to a wedding banquet, do not sit down at the place
of honor, in case someone more distinguished than you has been invited by your host;
9. and the host who invited both of you may come and say to you, ‘Give this person your
place,’ and then in disgrace you would start to take the lowest place.
10. But when you are invited, go and sit down at the lowest place, so that when your host
comes, he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher’; then you will be honored in the
presence of all who sit at the table with you.
11. For all who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."