Swedish Pound Cake
From the kitchen of Mary Sue Hill
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1 can coconut (sweetened, 6 oz.)
1 small pkg. chocolate chips (6 oz,) [can also use butterscotch]
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans)
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs (beating after each addition).
- Mix together and add to first mixture, the flour, vanilla, coconut, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts.
- Bake in greased and floured bundt pan 1 hour (or until done) at 325 degrees.
Topping (while still in the pan):
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
2 oz butter
1 tsp. almond flavoring
- In saucepan over low-medium heat mix sugar, water, butter and almond flavoring.
- Bring to a boil and pour over hot cake.