Office : SEE210
class. When you are absent you cannot be replaced and your absence affects us and what takes
place that day. Since the class is mostly experiential, there is no way to “make up” the class.
1. The student will understand the qualities necessary in establishing and maintaining interpersonal
2. The student will achieve an increased awareness of self and be able to appreciate his/her
3. The student will understand how to achieve a balance between emotional expression and
4. The student will be able to identify effective communication procedures and use them effectively
in his/her interpersonal relationships.
5. The student will gain an increased awareness of the key elements involved in establishing and
maintaining special friendships and love relationships.
6. The student will understand the essential elements involved in dealing with interpersonal conflict
in a constructive manner.
7. The student will gain an increased awareness in how to effectively recognize and manage stress.
8. The student will understand some of the processes for identifying and prioritizing values,
essential for establishing a lifestyle with meaning and purpose.
9. The student will achieve an increased awareness in goal setting skills in order to plan their life in
the desired direction.
reading of the textbook and taking exams.
Diary and “In Class” Assignments
Significant “Other” Assignment
announced in class.
other person in their life and make some effort to “maintain” the relationship.
reactions to in-class assignments. Typically, a five point diary assignment is given every other day.
No points are awarded if a student is absent, leaves class early, or otherwise fails to participate in
the class activity for that day.
retake the exam.
Looking Inby Adler and Towne
F359 and below