Larry James LeBlanc, Msee
1720 East Bridge Street
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana 70517
I am a software developer and systems engineer, interested in working as a technical contributor, lead support, or project leader. I am willing to handle project staffing, configuration control, IT Operations, or forecasting duties. I enjoy defining and instituting standards and requirements for jobs, and selecting project tools for technical projects. I am also interested in working remotely for systems development and support. I can maintain my own work environment and interfaces. I am currently working in the Lafayette, Louisiana area as interim IT Director and Systems Analyst. I am willing to work toward the goals of any worthwhile project.
- Programmer/Analyst II, Doing helpdesk support, software design and installation, computer configuration, installation and repair, network and server maintenance, software and systems training for a 650 computer hospital system, using Novell, 10/100 Ethernet, and fiber.
- Backup and restore of critical system files, and upgrade of system and application software.
- Upgrade of existing in-house databases in Microsoft Access.
- Design and startup of a custom Helpdesk system to keep track of problems and solutions, including interface to status reporting, email, and generation of statistics.
Designed a stored-image graphics workstation with data tablet input.
- Designed a cathode-ray tube precision microfilm plotter, with film enlargement capability. Standard of the industry (Seismic Exploration) for over 15 years.
- Designed a computer-controlled rotating-drum large format film plotter with analog/digital capabilities for plotting geological and seismic data used in oil exploration.
- Specified requirements for a cached position-arm disk controller design, manufactured by TI.
- Provided project leadership and systems design for a dual computer data acquisition system for airborne gamma ray spectrometry, used for uranium exploration.
- Integrated hardware and software for a networked computer system for data collection, storage, and analysis of biological data.
- Wrote specifications and performed systems design for a precision electron beam recorder (EBR) on film. Resolution and speed was state of the art for over 20 years.
- Designed system and programmed software for a networked spooling system for distributed data plotting of computer generated images, including automated logging and billing with embedded data encryption and security.
- Design and implementation of a system for automated factory monitoring including web-based access tools and graphical display of machine trends. Factories are located internationally with various high-end test equipment used in the semiconductor industry.
Wrote graphics test software and utilities for several high-resolution plotter systems.
- Wrote a complete graphics package for recording of high-resolution images on film. This system remained in use for over 15 years, generating over 80,000 plots per month. Also participated in the design and implementation of its successor system using commercial components.
- Designed a generalized rule-based system to handle data entry and data verification for biological and other environmental data. Used to enter and QC data collected for a nuclear power facility.
- Wrote compression/encryption system for secure data transmission over public networked systems. This system guaranteed data security for sensitive geophysical mapping data in a multi-client environment.
- Wrote several tracking and reporting database systems to keep information on plot status and operational statistics. Included billing information.
- Wrote multi-terminal emulation and file transfer software for computer-to-computer links. (Poor manís LAN)
- Wrote software to format and generate system documentation for engineering projects. Included were automated paging, table of contents, spell checking, and a macro language for emulating other formatting programs.
- Wrote several utilities, including source code compare, front-end menu system, personal calendar for information tracking, database access and reporting, and other reformatting modules. Wrote online search engine for accessing web pages on an internal intranet site.
- Wrote complete web site design and implementations for factory automation, including on-line training, documentation, and expert query system FAQ for supporting field personnel.
- Wrote several "back end" web programs to generate graphical data using internet applet technology.
Project leader for several large plotter system designs, including hardware and software.
- Team leader for selecting, integrating, and installing data processing equipment for servicing ecological data monitoring business within Texas Instruments.
- Manager of the ecological data processing cost center. Provided overall direction and direct supervision of about 20 people, including programmers, statisticians, supervisors, and clerical staff located at two locations. (New York and Dallas)
- Project leader for software design for a vector array processor used in clustered computer configurations for processing seismic data for the geophysical industry. Also provided standards, programmer scheduling, and configuration control.
- Project leader for a system to generate and automatically deliver geophysical plots to any location over TCP/IP networks with automated tracking and billing. Included security provisions such that plots could not be displayed by the wrong client or even on the incorrect plotter.
Responsible for writing several proposals, requirements, and design documents for projects in engineering, including some military proposals.
- Wrote several operations manuals for equipment designed in the Engineering branch.
- Used Intranet concepts to fully document and support a major software factory system. Included search algorithms for questions query or locating specific web pages on selected topics.
Have used and programmed in the following: Assembly, Fortran, Basic, C, PC Batch, UNIX C-Shell, Korn, Bourne, bash, Perl, Clarion 3.0, LISP and other languages.
- Familiar with remote development and support of large hardware/software systems.
- Programmed Sun workstations, IBM PC, Perkin-Elmer 32xx, IBM RS6000, Convex Super Computers, TI990, HP850 and other computers.
- WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Lotus 123, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, AutoCad, TCPIP, FTP, Networking, remote access software, ACT!, Daytimer, 3270 emulation, HTML editors, Paint Shop Pro graphic manipulation etc.
- Pert/CPM project scheduling software, used MicroSoft Project to plan and run large projects.
- CAD/CAM software, including AutoCad, Design Cad, Easy Cad, PC Layout software.
Customer technical marketing presentations (International and internal)
- Built and presented training courses for equipment and software, for domestic and foreign students.
- Taught systems maintenance and operations seminars.
- Set up training materials for system administrators to use in learning a new system during the initial deployment process.
- Devised and implemented a system that uses the internet along with search techniques to provide answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) concerning software system problem diagnosis, setup and configuration, and normal expansion activity.
- Instructor of Systems Design (Data Structures, Entity Relationship Diagrams, SQL, etc) for the final course in Computer Science at a junior college.
- Instructor of introductory electrical circuits, (DC and AC Circuits), including laboratory experiments at a junior college. Also 2 years at the University while working on my Masterís degree.
- Continuing education through company sponsored seminars, professional talks, and college level courses.
- University of Southwestern Louisiana, Lafayette, Louisiana. Master of Science in Electrical Engineering. Grade point average of 4.0/4.0.
- University of Southwestern Louisiana, Lafayette, Louisiana. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. Grade point average of 3.6/4.0.
- Society of Exploration Geophysics (SEG) Graphics Subcommittee member.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Society for Information Display (SID)
- National Computer Graphics Association (NCGA)
History of Honors and Awards
- Valedictorian of High School graduating Class, Beta Club
- First place winner in State Science Fair
- Outstanding Senior Youth Award
- Outstanding College Graduate Award
- Outstanding Field Service Award (Halliburton)
- TAU BETA PHI
- PHI KAPPA PHI
What kind of tasks can I be immediately assigned?
- Interface computer and control software to hardware systems and equipment.
- Perform most Information Technology tasks, including server upgrades, installing and configuring user workstations, network attachments, etc.
- Write good user-oriented databases to collect and report information.
- Gather and present requirements for new systems or upgrade of old systems.
- Make high-level presentations of project or program status, including internal clients or outside groups.
- Work with existing development people to improve configuration management standards.
- Upgrade old systems to new platforms and technology. (Legacy systems to PC, text-based conversion to web accessed reporting, data entry from keyboard input to scanners, etc.)
- Provide product support for existing product line or systems including setting up computer databases and interfaced phone line access for support staff.
- Define and document efficient database storage for complex interrelated data, define tables and schema, test schema against applications.
- Automate repetitive manual processes, especially in the area of manufacturing systems or software integration.
- Configure and run computer systems that must be available, secure, and reliable.
- Basic system configuration for Unix, Linux, or PC systems.
- Handle several web related tasks, including using web interfaces to existing systems, control of software processes through executable forms, etc.
- Write or rewrite key software modules for significant performance improvement.
- Graphic software design, including data presentation and man-machine interaction.
- Design of efficient mathematical algorithms. (Surveying package, contour mapping, smooth graph lines, super-encrypted data files, etc.)
- Work with technical support people involved with oil exploration, lease computations, and mapping.
- Interview and participate in the evaluation of potential employees to staff existing or new projects.
What kind of tasks can I learn to do? (self-trained)
- Learn new programming language or software system, like Java, SAP and PeopleSoft.
- Work with new internet tools, including ASP, PHP, or vendor supplied development environment.
- Work with new business startups to plan and define opportunities.
- Teach existing employees new company processes, systems, or procedures.
- Provide software or project inspection guidelines.
Please call or e-mail if you need additional information.
(337) 507-3601, email@example.com
Tiadd4 Seismic Plotting System
Tiadd4 System Block Diagram
World Wide Tester Overall Equipment Efectiveness
Long form resume for Larry LeBlanc